We say no to human rights violations in all forms. It is not enough to rise up and protest conditions that happen afar (though that is necessary as well) without first lifting a finger to the egregious violations happening a stones throw away. The demands for humanity coming from behind the walls of California’s state prisons need to be heard and acted upon by all. The demands are clear and need your support now!
The Pelican Bay Five Core Demands:
1. Eliminate group punishments and administrative abuse.
2. Abolish the debriefing policy and modify active/inactive gang status criteria.
3. Comply with the recommendations of the US Commission on Safety and Abuse in America’s Prisons and end long-term solitary confinement.
4. Provide adequate and nutritious food.
5. Create and expand constructive programming.